Friday, February 26, 2010

Irreconcilability

SERIOUS CONFLICTS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SET ABLAZE by having an idea irreconcilable with another, even though there is a correct answer or one has patchy knowledge of the subject. I'm saying this because it has no doubt stirred up trouble in my life. I've seen many paradigms but no conclusions. Formidable though the problem is, I would like to share my experience as well as crack the problem.

In the Space Academy in America, not only did I have a lot of fun, all the spacecrafts, equipment, events and American cafeterias, etc, were incredible, but my life experience was irreconcilable with the people I met. After a handsome triumph in a game of structuring two-stage rockets, by using two balloons, a string, a rubber band, some paper clips and tape relying on the three laws of motion, I was given a nickname of “Big Boss.” However, I was not so lucky on the next game, I messed up my relationship with my team. Perhaps I acted too conceited as though everybody was wrong, even though I might have been the only wrong person. Or perhaps, if I may be so bold as to criticize, some of them designated themselves as elites living in an intellectual capital, having discrimination against my hometown, as if is was a rural backwater with only one life – me.

This game was mainly about how to keep things from burning out in an extremely high temperature, resembling the time when shuttles rush into the atmosphere. We took a small, square copper cube stuck on the bottom of an iron pen with glue, and used some wire netting and steel wires to shield if from the flame projector. We all knew there are three ways heat is transported, convection, conduction and radiation. So the more distance between the iron pen and projector, the less heat the iron would get. It's like common sense. Nevertheless, my friends set an opposing opinion, he covered the iron pen all around instead of keeping a distance with wires. And undoubtedly, there began an irreconcilable conflict.

The problem was a dilemma: you could choose the wrong solution and fail the competition in order to keep a good relationship, or else argue with them, but you might beat him in a fiasco after finally he figured the truth out. If there appears to be an answer, I will still remain unconvinced because it was an unsolvable mystery.

No comments: